Posted Monday, August 6th 2012 @ 1pm
The release of Drake's "Enough Said," featuring Aaliyah, has ignited a debate on Twitter about whether Aaliyah was "better" than Beyonce.
Here are some of the pro Aaliyah comments:
- @MCEddieRuffin: "If I offended you in any way by saying Aaliyah was better than Beyonce. Then from the bottom of my heart and I mean this sincerely.. GOOD!"
- @itswill_xo: "There would be no Beyonce if Aaliyah hadn't died."
- @MCEddieRuffin: "Nobody benefited more from the passings of Biggie and Aaliyah than Jay-Z and Beyonce.. Not bashing them. But it's fact."
- JDix: "I don't care what anyone says... If Aaliyah Dana was still alive today, she would be bigger than Beyonce."
Not surprisingly, Beyonce fans quickly came to the defense of their Queen.
- @Khadsss: "Aaliyah was getting outsold by Brandy when she was alive. What makes you think she would outsell Beyonce now?! Don't make me laugh."
- @dtaKhally: "Why do people say Aaliyah would be better than Beyonce if she was still alive? Aaliyah never had a voice like that."
- @Myrtle_Urkel "For the last time, Destiny's Child were International Superstars before Aaliyah passed. So quit with if Aaliyah was alive then Beyonce [nonsense]."
Photo Copyright Getty Images
Do you think it's fair to compare Beyonce and Aaliyah? Or should their fans that appreciate them for what they've done individually?